Monday, June 16, 2008

When you feel overwhelmed, what do you do?

If you have depression or anxiety, how do you handle it when things get overwhelming? Do they build up suddenly and then the dam breaks, or do things just pop up all of a sudden?

This should be a happy time for me. My youngest son is having his high school graduation ceremony today. As a mom, I never got upset when my kids hit milestones, like the first time at school, graduation, etc. - but this one has got me anxious and tearful. I know, it's probably because he's my youngest. But I find myself morosely going over all my faults as a mother and all the things I've done wrong, rather than celebrating.

On top of that, I'm having my wisdom teeth out and from everything I read and hear, it's no picnic when you're 47 years old, due to the solid jaw and embedded nerves. That's this coming Wednesday. I thought I was cool about it, but I'm more stressed than I realized. I also don't like the idea of not being able to work for a few days. I guess I'm more of a workaholic than I've been willing to admit.

So, what do you do if you start feeling this way? All I want to do is curl into a ball under the covers and have a good cry. :-(

Today at Help My Hurt:

5 new places for you to visit

Help My Hurt continues to follow Kristin Armstrong’s ride to the Olympics

Today at Womb Within:

Antiretrovirals for pregnant women with HIV reduce transmission risk to baby

When they tell you time flies….

News for Today:

Though no West Nile cases to date, precautions should be taken: microbiologist

Risk Of Bladder Cancer After Childhood Cancer

Young Children In Mostly Caucasian Countries Obtain More Sleep Than Those In Asian Countries

Most cancer doctors avoid saying it's the end; study shows that's wrong

U.S. hospitals underperform with breastfeeding support for mothers: CDC

Teens most danger-prone on Canadian job sites

No comments: