Thursday, October 4, 2007

Saturday, October 6, 2007: World Hospice & Palliative Care Day.

What is World Hospice & Palliative Care Day? According to their website, “World Hospice and Palliative Care Day is a unified day of action to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world.

World Hospice and Palliative Care Day will take place on October 6th 2007 with Voices for Hospices, the global musical marathon event which has over 500 concerts around the world and is the official fundraising event for World Hospice and Palliative Care Day 2007."

Among the people who know me, it’s no secret that I have a strong interest in death and dying, and the end-of-life stages. I recall taking a humanities class in college called Death and Dying, although truth be told, I can’t recall anything of what I learned. But it must be that the class sparked my interest because even when I was working in the acute care hospitals, I felt like I could make a difference with my patients who we knew were going to die.

To that end, I’ve started my own site on Palliative Care. I invite people to look at it and use it for the resource that I hope it will be. It’s definitely in its infancy and I’m hoping that it becomes as useful a tool as I think it could be. If it does, I’ll move it to its own domain and see how large it can grow.


News for Today:

New device helps repair meniscus tears in knee
Drug-coated stents safe, Canadian study finds
How pitching changes little leaguers' shoulders
FDA explores behind-the-counter drug sales
American College of Physicians recommends flu vaccination for health-care workers
Left main coronary artery disease can double or treble heart risk in siblings
New guide aims to help parents ensure their children get best available ADHD treatments
Taste and anorexia

No comments: