Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yay! All 31 Days of May Have a Post.


Yay!! I did it! The 31st day of the 2012 blogathon and I posted each and every day. Even better, I didn't have to scramble in the evening so that I would make it under the deadline.



I had no intention of being part of this blogathon. I read about it, heard about it - and didn't pay much attention to it. After all, I had enough going on, I thought. But - on the spur of the moment, the evening before it all was to start, I jumped in with both feet. And I'm glad I did.



I've enjoyed the challenge of having to commit to daily posts. I do admit though that I won't be posting every day starting tomorrow. My goal is to get back to two or three times a week, which was what my original posting pattern was when I began the blog five years ago.

What did I get out of this project? A renewed appreciation for my blog and the information it makes available for the people who visit. It made me realize how important it is to keep it up. Although I knew and understood the importance, I just couldn't bring myself to get back into it. At one point, I was even thinking of letting the blog go.

A huge thank you and shout out to Michelle Rafter for organizing the blogathon and for her helpers who made this a smooth process for so many of us.

So, that's it for today. A short and sweet post about making it through, keeping my promise to myself, and proving to myself that -  yes - I still have topics that are worth discussing.

Thanks to all those who followed me throughout the month. If you were new to the blog, I hope you'll stick around and see what else comes up. If you're my old tried-and-true friends, thanks for sticking with me!

Marijke

3 comments:

Tracey Arial said...

And thanks to you for inviting me to participate. As a new blogger, I had only twenty posts when the competition started. I'm now at 51.

Marijke Vroomen-Durning said...

That's great Tracey! Sometimes it takes a bit of a nudge to get going and I'm glad you decided to give it a try.

Sara Lancaster said...

It was so nice to meet you through the Blogathon and to read some of your posts along the way. Congrats!