Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day - 2008


Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians. For those who don't know about Canada's history, 141 years ago, in 1867, Canada became its own country. I love that flag. When I leave Canada or when I'm watching a television program in a setting outside of Canada and I see our flag, I'm very proud.

Yes, we have our problems and some of them are serious. We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed to fix some of the sins of our past and to protect our future. But, for the most part, Canada is a wonderful place to be and to be Canadian is a privilege that many others try very hard to get.

Happy Canada Day. Celebrate safely.


Today at Help My Hurt:

At-home cognitive behavior program may help IBS symptoms

Lawn mowers terrify me

Video: Lawn mower safety

Pain Relief book give away

Marijuana may be effective for neuropathic pain

The ABCs of pain

Press Release: Medication for postherpetic neuralgia pain

Limit sucrose as painkiller for newborns

Today at Womb Within:


No higher risk for stillbirth in pregnancies following Caesarians

Low-tech advice could save many mothers’ lives

First Pregnancy Blog Carnival

3 books to give away. Few things better than reading to your little ones

Video: Chorionic villus sampling

News for Today:


Pay more attention to STDs among older people: epidemiologists

Low HDL Linked to Memory Loss

How To Save A Life With A Defibrillator


2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Dang, I missed it again this year! But happy birthday to the Best North American country, imho.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Happy Canada Day and a thousand more.

Terrie