Thursday, March 6, 2008

Acupuncture update

Some of my regular readers may remember that I said I was going to try acupuncture for a horrendously intense itch I have on my left shoulder. This itch was beyond description - it would wake me at night and be so intense that there was no way it could be ignored. I can honestly say that it is worse than pain.

No treatments, creams, medications, nothing would help the itch go away, so I finally tried acupuncture. I am SO happy to report that after three sessions, the itch is gone, completely and totally gone.

I went into the sessions believing it would help. Interestingly, the acupuncturist told me that in Chinese medicine, the left shoulder and the colon/intestines are connected. After my first session, I had some relief, but 24 hours after that session, I experienced cramping and 3 or 4 days of IBS symptoms. That did not happen after the second and third sessions, so it is entirely possible that it was just a coincidence, but I thought it was interesting.

Anyway, it's been 3 weeks since my third session and the itch is still gone. Believe it or not, I had been suffering with that itch for *9* years. I'm definitely a believer in acupuncture right now.

Some interesting posts at Help My Hurt:
Hiring Help for the Helper
Burns on Kids' feet can often be prevented
Company’s calling - a year of knee pain

News for Today:
Online autism therapy gets national recognition
Arthritis medications reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes
New Guidelines Update Recommendations on Colorectal Cancer Screening

No comments: