Sunday, November 23, 2008

Information for seniors and about the elderly

A while ago, I proposed an idea for a site that would be full of interesting information and resources for a very important part of our society: Seniors and the elderly. The idea was shot down because they didn't feel that there would be a big enough audience for it.

That's not what I think.

I think that Seniors are becoming more computer-savvy and want to learn more about what's out there and what resources exist for them. They are adding their computers to their world to be able to communicate with families who have moved far away and to learn new things. I think it would be foolish to ignore such a large group of people.

Then, there are the elderly. I divide the two because, to me, the elderly are frailer and need some sort of care. People in this group are less likely to go on the Internet and, in fact, maybe some seniors are looking after an elderly relative. So, we also need a go-to site for people who are looking for ways to help their elderly loved ones.

The result is my new blog/site called Seniors Support. It's still in its infancy, but I know it will do well. There's a huge demand for something like this and I hope to fill it.

Please stop by Seniors Support to check it out. If you think it will be valuable, please send the link on to others who may be able to use the information.

Thank you!

No comments: