Friday, July 18, 2008

Not a clue what to write about

It's Friday morning - hot, muggy. We had severe thunderstorms for what seems like hours and more to come if we're to believe the weather forecasts. I love thunderstorms. I don't know what it is about the booming and banging and lights flashing - but I love them. Even at 5 in the morning, when I'd much rather be sleeping since I only went to bed around 2.

I never used to stay up that late but I've found that I work best in the evening and at night. Who'd have thought? Maybe those years of working nights had a bigger effect on my than I realized.

Speaking of working, I'm rejoining the nursing world in August for 14 days. I was asked to work in a large organization as the company nurse while there's is off on vacation. So, for 6 days at the beginning of the month and 8 at the end, I'll be out in the world face-to-face with people. What a concept. :-)


Today at Help My Hurt:

ABCs of pain: R is for…
Make your own heating pad/rice bag
The “Accidental Addict” myth

Today at Womb Within:

Video: Yeast infections during pregnancy
Pregnant sex can be fulfilling - or not
Video: weeks 37 to 40 (or 42!)
Disaboom: Disability and Pregnancy, Part 4—Week 17
ABCs of pregnancy: F is for…
Obesity epidemic spreads to pregnant women
Ectopic pregnancy: a visitor shares her story

News for Today:

New Stroke Guidelines for Children
Mississippi remains most obese state, CDC reports
(AP)

Study: Sleeping too much raises women's stroke risk
Many Women Struggle With Uncontrolled Blood Pressure


No comments: