Monday, August 13, 2007

Sad news

My beloved greyhound, Oscar, has passed away. He died this morning at 10:10 after an extremely short fight with cancer. He would have been 5 years old next week, on the 23rd.

Oscar was my heart dog. I love all my animals, but Oscar was special. I'm even more determined now to sell as many copies of his book as is possible, because 10% of the profits (minimum) are going to the Ohio State University Vet school where they are doing research on canine cancer.

Good-bye Oscar. Run free and without pain.




4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Marijke, I am so sorry to hear this. He looks such a beautiful boy, and I know what you mean about some dogs just being extra special. There's nothing I can say to ease your pain but I am thinking off you. You gave him a life after the track.

He is out there somewhere running free - bounding along with such speed and grace, and for a greyhound, that really is doggy heaven.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

I am so sorry for your loss. But am thankful that Oscar's suffering was not long and excruciating.

Take care of yourself. This is a sad and depressing time for you and don't let anyone try to push you to shut your grief aside.

Prayers of comfort. Terrie

Anonymous said...

So Sorry to read about your loss.

Val said...

I lost my first greyhound to osteo a couple years ago. She was 11.5, much older than Oscar. She was in such good shape though, I thought I would have her for years longer than I did. Sophie was the best dog ever.